Start tracking your time in one Tablet/PC/Smartphone web browser and stop tracking in another one. So no more worries that you forgot to turn off the time tracking on your PC when you leave the office or run to that all important meeting. Simply bookmark the personalized URL with your desktop browser and you'll be all set. Dovico Timer works with your Smartphone, Tablet and your Desktop PC. Your time is automatically synchronized with your timesheet and can be combined with other forms of time entry.
Or you may be interested in the Timer (for Visual Studio), Timer (Android)
Let's get started...
Run from Outlook?
In Outlook 2007 or 2010 follow these steps to make Timer accessible via a Folder in Outlook:
- Copy your URL given by the welcome page after you have entered your token (or from the address bar of your browser)
- In Outlook, right-click on the root item (e.g. Mailbox – Your Name) and choose New Folder… from the menu
- Type in a name (e.g. Dovico Timer) and then click OK
- Right-click on the new folder you just created and choose Properties from the menu
- Click on the Home Page tab
- Paste the LINK into the Address text box (the ability to right-click and paste may not work so use Ctrl + V)
- Check the Show home page by default for this folder checkbox
- Click OK. Now every time you click on that Folder, your Timer will be shown.
Visual Studio Steps
- Download the App or Run Visual Studio, enter the Online Gallery and search for 'DOVICO Timer'
- To see the ‘extension’ itself: Start Visual Studio and then Navigate to: View / Other Windows / Dovico Timer’
- Dovico Timer can now float or be docked on the right edge of Visual Studio. (If you have already generated a URI for use with Dovico Timer, you can specify the URI in Visual Studio by going to Tools, Options and clicking on the Dovico Timer tree item. If this is your first Timer use and you have not yet generated a Dovico Timer URI, then you can do so by entering your login credentials on the welcome page.)
- This service supports Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari for Windows.
- You may access this service on any combination of
- SmartPhones (iPhone, Android phones, Windows Phone, BlackBerry phone)
- Tablets (BlackBerry Playbook, iPad, Android OS Tablets)
- Or Desktop Web Browsers (Windows, MAC)
- You must also be using the Hosted version of Dovico Timesheet
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, 2012, or 2013 (Professional, Premium, or Ultimate)
- Android Device
- This service is hosted on Dovico Servers and will be updated by Dovico as new versions are released. No user intervention is required for updates.
- 07/21/2015 - Version 1.1.6 - Updated to support Visual Studio 2015
- 11/03/2014 - Updated to use use Dovico Timesheet Login Credentials
- 10/09/2014 - Updated to work with Visual Studio 2013
Developed by Gerard G
Gerard is a senior developer here at Dovico and has contributed many Apps built in his spare time.