We’ve kept the list short since we know you are busy!
- What gets planned gets done: Use a timesheet tool to plan out your week, there’s more chance of getting those tasks done by staying focused
- Capture your thoughts: Do you have a place to capture all your ideas? Something like Google Docs is a great place for all your ideas in one place. Then you can focus on your work knowing you don’t have to try to remember that juicy tidbit in your mind
- Schedule time for interruptions: Mostly likely people walk by your office for a chat or someone has to show you a cat video. Interruptions happen! Plan at least 10% of your time for those.
- Start your day by planning your day! Taking 30 minutes is all you need to feel organized
- “I’m busy.” Closing your door or putting up a sign on your computer “Do not disturb” will let others know you are trying to concentrate.
- Turn off notifications: So many distractions! Some can be controlled. Turn off email dings and social media pings. You can even set a timer for every couple of hours or whatever works for you.
- Stop skimming: When was the last time you read a full email? Or blog? or even a text message? We have become skimmers. Missing a couple words could be disastrous and take up more time down the road to repair the damage.
- Sleep more and get up early: Sleep affects your time, health and income over time, go to bed earlier and limit your screen time at least an hour before bed. Getting up with the 5am Club is not for everyone but getting up an hour earlier if you’re a late sleeper could give you a much-needed head start on your day.
- Start tracking how you spend your time: How much time do you spend doing real work?
- Clean up your environment: Your desk and your office should be a clean slate. A clean workplace is one of the most important factors in office productivity.
For 25 years, Dovico has been providing time tracking and reporting software for clients worldwide. Manage your projects, teams, capture time and generate reports. “Give Time Meaning”
Also published on Medium.