Are you buried in paper from piles of coffee-stained receipts and crumpled expense reports? How much time are you wasting chasing staff down to correct incomplete or illegitimate expense claims? If you can relate to these frustrations, then these benefits of expense report software may be of value to you. It’s time to ditch the paper.
There are always better ways to do everything. Expense reporting is not an exception. As your company grows, meaningful workload improvements become crucial to your well-being.
Let expenses reports take care of themselves
If there’s anything in your company that should be automatic, project expense tracking should be it.
Here are some meaningful benefits to using automated, cloud-based expense report software:
- Become responsive. Build confidence in the office by reimbursing employees quicker.
- Become transparent. Gain the ability to provide clients with a current and accurate expense report.
- Become flexible. Go mobile with apps to enter expenses on the road. For international travellers, currency conversions are a big plus.
- Become zen. Reduce frustration by eliminating most data entry errors from inaccurate paper expense reports.
- Become efficient. Cut processing costs with a manager and/or admin approvals and reporting.
- Become organized. Stop shuffling paper with digital copies of attached receipts.
- Become empowered. Grasp more control over project costing with on-the-fly expense reporting.
What to look for in an expense report system?
Think about it, how much time do you spend on expense reporting? Then, compare that value to the cost of an expense report system. You’d be surprised how much time and money you can save by switching.
Do your homework, and get it right the first time. Here are some key features to consider when looking at an expense reporting solution:
- Does it have approvals and rejections -with the ability to enter a reason?
- Does it have robust reporting? Scheduled report send-outs are a nice bonus.
- Does it allow digital receipt attachments? Pictures say so much.
- Does it breakdown by project and clients? Why spend hours doing it when it can be done on the fly?
- Does it have mobile app capabilities?
Prioritizing your time by becoming a little bit more efficient, organized, transparent, zen, responsive and empowered goes a long way to making your time at work a little more meaningful.
Check out other posts from Dovico:
- Dovico Timesheet Updates & Fixes for July 2019
- 6 Meaningful Benefits of Expense Report Software
- Government Contributions: How a Timesheet Can Help Grow Your Company
- How Engineering Consultants Are Saving Time
- How At-Work Volunteering Helps Heal Communities
For 26 years, Dovico has been helping thousands of companies around the world to deliver successful projects on time and on budget with proven project time and cost-saving tools: dovico.com — Try 30-Day Free Trial