Understanding where employee time is spent and realigning that time to “fit” the project at hand is a major step toward greater profitability.
“Time” is the key word, it relates to money and software that saves and tracks time, increases efficiency and cuts project costs. Whether a company is small or an enterprise-wide corporation, they all have the same challenge of not wasting an employees time and making sure they are working on the projects that matter. Software that assists with better time tracking for projects and employees will ultimately increase your profits.
By reducing the time spent on timesheet data entry and project reporting, your organization will see cost reductions and productivity increases, which means money saved.
Another important key to implementing great time management is the ability to move resources quickly between projects and tasks without affecting existing time entries.
What a good time management software should include:
- The ability to access real-time data on how anyone or multiple employees’ time is spent. This will allow you to make appropriate changes to reduce internal costs, realign project resources and time projections of project deliverables.
- How well employee time is managed is in direct correlation with time management and profitability and how well one can generate reports based on the numbers. This then reflects in the bottom line. Time = money!
- Having easy access to time management history allows your company to guesstimate (with accuracy) the man-hours of a particular project, what that project will cost in labor and resources, the cost-effectiveness of pricing, as well as effectively “quoting” based on similar past projects. Facts are facts, learn from your past projects.
- Time tracking and project costing software applications should include timesheet software, project costing, and ad hoc reporting in an easy to use interface.
- Software designed for business intelligence reporting and including a custom built-in report builder with powerful reports and graphs in real time for timesheet management, performance management, project tracking, and project management will undoubtedly reduce waste of employee time and company resources.
- This project tracking, project time costing and project time management software should provide real-time informative data to shape your teams’ production to full capacity. You can even automate this by scheduling reports to your team’s email inbox.
- Software training should always be easily implemented and user-friendly in order to ensure employee adoption of a new software system. A programs’ adoptability rests on how easy it is to implement into your existing system with the least amount of impact on your business
The right software for tracking projects and employees easily increases a company’s productivity and the bottom line. The right software will give your company better “control of time” and that is a statement of power. Dovico will provide a software solution that delivers measurable results straight to the bottom line.
For 25 years, Dovico has been providing time tracking and reporting software for clients worldwide. Manage your projects, teams, capture time and generate reports. “Give Time Meaning”
Also published on Medium.